Contact Us Today 478-621-7557


What types of visas are available if I want to come to the U.S. for a visit or temporary stay?

If someone would like to visit the United States they must first apply for a visitor visa from the National Visa Center. Visitor visa's are issued for temporary visits to the United States.

What type of visa should I get if I want to become a permanent U.S. resident?

In order to become a permanent resident you must have a sponsor. You may be sponsored by a U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident family member or an employer.

Who's eligible to receive an immigration bond?

Individuals in ICE custody are eligible for an immigration bond if they can show they are not a danger to the community and are not a flight risk. Individuals with minor criminal convictions are eligible for bond. However, individuals with serious criminal convictions may not be eligible for bond. Consult an immigration attorney to determine if you are eligible for bond.

How would the process work, if you were to be hired?

If our firm is hired we will set up an initial consult in person, via Skype, Zoom or by telephone to discuss your case and how to proceed. Most cases require the client provide identification documents for the client and family members. We recommend clients obtain copies of birth certificates and passports for themselves and immediate family members.

Can I apply for DACA? You can apply for DACA if you meet the following guidelines:

  • a. Were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;
  • b. Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
  • c. Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;
  • d. Were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS;
  • e. Had no lawful status on June 15, 2012;
  • f. Are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States; and
  • g. Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, or three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.

Contact Us Today

J. Britt Thames Attorney At Law is committed to answering your questions about Immigration Law, Immigration Bonds, DUI, Wills, Estates, Trusts, and Probate, and Criminal Law issues in Georgia.

We'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.

Mon: 09:00am - 04:00pm
Tue: 09:00am - 04:00pm
Wed: 09:00am - 04:00pm
Thu: 09:00am - 04:00pm